Gunman Opens Fire At Dallas PD Headquarters, Bombs Detonated

Dallas police officers walk down Belleview Street one block away from police headquarters searching the area Saturday June 13, 2015, in Dallas. (source)
There is certainly more to this breaking news story. How much truth we learn, and not propaganda will be interesting.  Some will no doubt blame it on the overall attack on police forces in Ferguson and Baltimore, although the reality is most of those situations were manufactured crises.  Dallas is not the only police force to be under attack, all of them are in danger by the terrorist that resides at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue. He and his partners in crime never let a good crisis go to waste. 
Interesting side note, the Dallas police department has already tweeted out pictures of some minor damage done by bullet holes to their building.  Makes me wonder why a Police department, in the middle of an investigation is tweeting out pictures.  Seems they may have more important things to worry themselves with. 
Happy Saturday.



Police Chief: Sniper shoots suspect in attack on Dallas police headquarters

DALLAS (AP) - DALLAS (AP) - Dallas' police chief says a sniper has shot the suspect in an overnight attack on police headquarters and that the department is checking to see if he's still alive.
Police Chief David Brown says an officer shot the suspect Saturday morning while the suspect was holed up in a van in a parking lot in the Dallas suburb of Hutchins. He says the man told police he had explosives in the van.
Brown says investigators believe the man acted alone in the early-morning attack on Dallas police headquarters, despite early witness reports that others may have taken part. Police recovered two explosive devices near the building.
Brown says the man identified himself as James Boulware and said he blamed police for losing custody of his son and "accusing him of being a terrorist."
THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.
At least one gunman opened fire on officers outside of police headquarters in Dallas early Saturday, spraying squad cars with bullets before fleeing in a van, which officers followed to a suburban parking lot and surrounded, beginning a standoff, the police chief said.
Witnesses described seeing as many as three other suspects taking part in the attack, but police Chief David Brown said at a news conference that conflicting accounts made it difficult to determine how many people may have been involved. Despite a hail of gunshots, including some that hit police vehicles, nobody was wounded, he said.
According to Brown, the shootout began at around 12:30 a.m., when the suspect or suspects parked in front of the department's headquarters south of downtown and began firing. At least one assailant later drove off in a dark-colored van, which witnesses described as armored, but not before ramming a police cruiser. The moment was caught on cellphone video shot from a nearby balcony in which several shots can be heard.
Officers trailed the van to a Jack in the Box parking lot in Hutchins, a Dallas suburb, where a SWAT team had it surrounded, Brown said. They had been speaking to a man inside who identified himself as James Boulware and who said he blames police for losing custody of his son and "accusing him of being a terrorist."
The gunman also said he had explosives in the van, which appeared to be outfitted with gun ports in the sides.
Brown said police didn't know if there was anyone else in the van, but that witnesses reported seeing as many as four people taking part in the attack, including some who may have been strategically positioned in elevated positions. He asked anyone who may have witnessed the attack or shot cellphone footage of it to reach out to the authorities to help with the investigation.
Police said they found two explosive devices near the headquarters building and cleared them away. They also evacuated a nearby housing complex as a precaution.
Ladarrick Alexander and his fiancée, Laquita Davis, were driving back toward the police station to their nearby apartment when they heard 15 to 20 gunshots in quick succession.
Seconds later, police could be seen swarming an unmarked van that appeared to have crashed into a police car, they said.
They turned around and were parked outside the police perimeter about two blocks away, where they heard the sound of one detonation at about 4:30 am and smoke coming up in the air.
Police headquarters is in a former warehouse district where a boutique hotel and several new apartment buildings have been opened.
"We don't see too much going around here at all," Alexander said.

Popular Posts